What is it?
vIQing is Retail IQ’s solution for seamless integration between Retail Pro and Payment Processing Platforms. vIQing is available in New Zealand, Australia and Canada.
In New Zealand and Australia vIQing interfaces Retail Pro to PaymentExpress from Direct Payment Solutions. In Canada, vIQing interfaces Retail Pro to Tender Retail.
What does it do?
vIQing provides a seamless link between Retail Pro and the EFT software that is used to process card payments. When selecting either the debit card or credit card tender types in Retail Pro, vIQing intercepts the communications between Retail Pro and the pinpad and initiates processing of the transaction with the retailer’s EFT software, passing messages to the software including card type, and the amount. vIQing then intercepts the messages coming back from the EFT software (e.g. accepted, declined etc.) and subsequently passes the information back to Retail Pro so the transaction can be completed. As vIQing does not, in any way, process card information, as part of the message exchange between Retail Pro, vIQing and the payment processing platform, vIQing falls out of scope of PCI/PA-DSS certification.
- Supports Credit and Debit Card transactions
- Rapid Response Times (typically within 2 seconds).
- Works with Retail Pro 8 and 9 series.
- Does not require PCI/PA-DSS certification as no card information is processed.
- Seamless integration to Retail Pro – eliminates keying errors and enhances customer experience at the point of sale by speeding up the payment process.
- Consistent interface for credit card tenders in Retail Pro in multiple countries (including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the United States).
- Upwards compatible – runs with Retail Pro 8 and 9 series so retailers in a mixed 8/9 environment can use a familiar interface and those upgrading from 8 to 9 series will continue to see the same interface.
- Faster z-out reporting in Retail Pro as all credit cards and amounts are correctly identified.
How is it licensed?
vIQing is licensed per seat. Each device running vIQing will require a separate license.