What is it?
What does it do?
FlexQuery DMA will read an Excel spread sheet and will import the contents of the file(s) based on user defined settings stored in an easy to understand XML file. Where an Excel spread sheet contains multiple worksheets, FlexQuery DMA will “walk” through the spread sheet importing all worksheets that contain data that can be imported.
FlexQuery DMA then prepares a corresponding XML which is subsequently imported through Retail Pro’s ECM.
FlexQuery DMA can work on an automated fashion by simply launching it and copying files to pre-defined folders. Any files found in those folders are processed and corresponding XMLs are created and saved to the relevant ECM folders.
- Can import Inventory, Vendors, Departments, Vouchers, ASNs, Sales Orders and Customers into Retail Pro 9.
- Full support for .XLS and .XLSX files
- Supports creating new items or only updating specific details of existing items, which allows product maintenance without overwriting changed details on existing items.
- Configurable Item and Style lookups – items and styles can be individually configured to be looked up by any combination of fields available in Retail Pro.
- Subsidiaries – inventory can be added to one or more subsidiaries (version dependent).
- Subsidiary Aliases – Users can give their subsidiaries meaningful names instead of number – e.g. Subsidiary number one can have a aliases of NZ, New Zealand, NZL etc.
- Required Fields – maps can be set to require certain fields over and above those required by Retail Pro. E.g. if part of the business requirement is that the UDF3 field be set in inventory, FlexQuery DMA will prevent the import from being initiated until the UDF3 field is mapped.
- Field Defaults – Sometimes, it is necessary to map a field (e.g. a subsidiary number), but it can be time saving to exclude the field from the source data. FlexQuery DMA supports setting field defaults so that if a field is missing from the source data the default configured in the map will be set during the import process.
- Sizes as Columns – Often retailers are given or provide their vendors with spreadsheets where the sizes of the items are set up in adjacent columns rather than as separate line items. FlexQuery DMA has a size editor (which can also be populated from the sizes configured in Retail Pro) which allows making use of such a format.
- Logs – FlexQuery DMA’s logs can be accessed using FlexQuery’s familiar interface.
- Clientless Connectivity – FlexQuery DMA can run on systems with and without the Oracle client installed locally.
- Colour Coding – FlexQuery DMA allows the user to configure the colours of the import screen so, for example, mapped fields are displayed in green while fields not yet mapped are displayed in red. Error messages can also be displayed in different colours to more easily troubleshoot operation.
- Fully automated update/import solution.
- User definable parameters for input/output folders
Supported Retail Pro Document Types
- Advanced Shipping Notices (ASNs)
- Sales Orders (including deposits)
- Purchase Orders
- Adjustment Memos (quantity, cost, and price)
- Transfer Orders, Receipts
- Provides Retail Pro 9 users with a fully automated tool to updated/import data into Retail Pro 9’s Oracle database.
- Support for single and multi subsidiary operations automates the delivery of specific product to specific subsidiaries.
- Retail Pro users can make use of Excel’s familiar and common user interface to manage updates/imports in Retail Pro 9.
How is it licensed?
FlexQuery DMA is license per device it is installed on and per site and is available in two editions:
- Single Subsidiary
- Multi Subsidiary