What is it?
FlexQuery is the core module of Retail IQ’s ecosystem of applications built specifically with retailers in mind. FlexQuery provides the core functionality that empowers users to extract value from all of the data they collect in their SQL compliant databases.
What does it do?
FlexQuery extracts data from SQL compliant databases and stores the data in in-memory tables. It then provides an extensive set of features that allow end users to make sense of and add meaning to the raw data they collect in their SQL compliant databases. FlexQuery’s core functionality includes grid layouts, pivots, charts, dynamic date ranges (e.g. today, yesterday), sorting, filtering, grouping, ranking, and more.
- OLAP (On Line Analytical Processing) like functionality
through the use of Pivot Tables, give the ability to process, analyze and view data from many different viewpoints on screen instantly without having to generate multiple reports.
- Multi-Dimensional Database
A dimension is a slice of data. For example, FlexQuery can display values (dollars, units, percents, turn rate, etc.) by store, by vendor, by department – each of these is a data dimension. FlexQuery permits on-line analysis of an unlimited number of dimensions including store, region, day, month, quarter, year, vendor, department, class, style, size, color, season and many others.
- Drill Down
Being able to instantly break out any data dimension into more detail. The dimensions you access when you “drill down” are user definable and results are displayed immediately.
The ability to switch the hierarchy of how you view data. For example, assume you are looking at the sales of each department from within a vendor or vendors. With a drag of the mouse you can pivot to see the sales of every vendor from within a department or departments. The combinations are almost infinite.
Statistical data can be shown on graphs or exported to Excel.
- Data Export
Data can be exported in numerous formats, including XML, XLS/XLSX and PDF.
- Powerful Search and Filtering Capabilities
Data can be filtered in a number of different ways, focusing in on the important things and temporarily hiding the unimportant. Ways to filter include:
- Dropdown lists of unique values in every column
- Quick Filter in each column (allows ‘containing” as well as ‘beginning with’ or ‘Ending with’ filters)
- Simple 3 conditions filtering
- Complex filter building
Ranking can be done instantly by any value. Rank stores, vendors, departments, etc. by sales volume, turn rate, GMROI, profitability, days of supply or any other statistic. Rank and unrank instantly, best to worst or worst to best.
- Support for single site or large, multi-site enterprises.
- Manage access and creation of reports from head office. For example, while a corporate office user can access enterprise-wide data for analysis, individual stores or branches can have varying, determined, limited access to specified data and reports.
- Unique design and extensive feature set
Allows for simple operation and data formatting in a manner that lowers the level of in-store skill required to operate the system.
- Easy to deploy and maintain
FlexQuery installs in a matter of minutes, and with over 130 source queries plus default layouts can be used out of the box. As FlexQuery accesses data from SQL databases in a read-only manner, FlexQuery requires no maintenance; it’s ability to deliver information from raw data is entirely dependent on the optimal functioning of the source database FlexQuery is communicating with.
- Can considerably improve stock control due to the simplification of the receiving process.
- Makes it easy to identify stock receipts that have not been completed in store if ASN is still present it has not yet been received.
- Provides the end user of with ability to make tactical and strategic decisions through simple, quick analysis of the raw data.
- Allows pinpointing of areas requiring attention by allows users to drill down from a summary level to a detail level.
- Allows different views of the same data through the ability to group and sort data on the fly.
FlexQuery is available in a Professional and Viewer+ edition – compare features.
How is it licensed?
FlexQuery is licensed per PC it is installed on.